Skip to main content

More Than We Can Tell-Brigid Kemmerer

Good day Bibliophiles!!!

As you all know Jennifer Niven's-All the bright Places is my favorite book of all time! The book I'm going to be blogging about today is a close second. More Than We can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer is my close second for many reasons. 

lets start with the blurb shall we. . .
 
Everyday Rev struggles with the memories and demons of the time before he was adopted. He's always managed just fine, until a letter from his birth father brings hellfire, fear and danger back into his life. 

Emma escapes her life in an online game she built herself. Virtual reality is so much easier than real life. But then another player joins the game and suddenly ultra-violent threats start to stream in. . .

When Rev and Emma meet, they are fighting a darkness they cant put into words. But somehow they hear each other and together they might be able to find a way out.

This book touches on quite a few issues that are prevalent in society today, these issues include child abuse, organized religion, cyber bullying and online sexual harassment. These issues are what kept me reading because they were explained really well and relate able in some way or another. I enjoyed all characters mentioned especially Rev Fletcher's character, you could feel the push and pull of emotions and you could make it your own. This is definitely a book worth reading, I giggled in some parts, pleaded with Rev in others and sighed disappointingly in many parts. 

What did we love?
The topics and or issues discussed, I loved this book because the content was relevant to today's society. This book was also really well written, I read every single page,  some I read over twice😶☺️.  
What did we not love?
I really wish I read Letters To The Lost before I read More Than We Can Tell because Declan and Juliet make an appearance in this book and I caught a few spoilers about Letters to the Lost which was a little heart breaking to say the least!

Song List
Troye Sivan-My My My 🎵

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

James Patterson- Middle School The Worst Days Of My Life

A good day to you Bibliophiles! today I did something a little different as you can see! I have wondered about my sisters obsession with James Patterson's 'Middle School' books and today I finally got it. We watched Middle School:The Worst Years Of My Life based on one of James Patterson's books, I have to say I thought I would hate it but turns out in a couple of hours I would be blogging about it!  So basically this particular book and movie is about a character named Rafe who has been expelled from two schools, his last option is a middle school that has too many rules that he cant understand or come to terms with. According to my sister and according to the movie he constantly communicates with a guy called Leo. It is Leo's character that caught my attention , at first Leo looks like that friend that's always by your side, helps you make plans and keeps your head in the game. While watching the movie my sister kept complaining about how different ev

Novels in Verse hmmm? "We Come Apart"-Brian Conaghan and Sarah Crossan

Hello fellow book lovers!  So this week I came across my first Novel In Verse! Titled: "We Come Apart" Written by Brian Conaghan and Sarah Crossan . I wont lie to you,  for the mere fact that it was the first time that I had ever read a novel with this structure,  it took me a day or two to get into the book. However, I quickly fell in-love with the characters, the story and the structure. The book is split into three parts and as mentioned the structure is in verse.  We come apart has two main characters, Nicu who has emigrated from Romania, and is awaiting to be married without his consent. The second main character is Jess who comes from a home plagued with domestic violence, her mother is dating a man named Terry who is abusive in many different ways, and he often goes to the extent of making Jess film the abuse. Jess and Nicu have their daily struggles which bring them together and which also stand to separate them.  What I loved about most

First post cant be less than "Everything Everything"

Everything Everthing -Nicola Yoon   “Sometimes I reread my favorite books from back to front. I start with the last chapter and read backward until I get to the beginning. When you read this way, characters go from hope to despair, from self-knowledge to doubt. In love stories, couples start out as lovers and end as strangers. Coming-of-age books become stories of losing your way. Your favorite characters come back to life.” ― Nicola Yoon , Everything, Everything This amazing book was referred to me by a friend and colleague,  and I must add that I did not need much convincing after watching a snippet of the trailer of the movie that cannot come soon enough. this book only took me a day to read because of its structure, its super reader friendly and really grabs your heart and doesn't let you go.  Without giving any of the goodness away, this young adult fiction novel looks at the life of Madeline "Maddy" Whittier who suffers from a