Skip to main content

The Invitation-Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Good Day Bibliophiles!

For as long as I can remember I have always been a little interested in the idea if meditating. The idea that I had the capability to really silence my mind for a few minutes, completely silence the hustle and bustle of life, background noise and everything in between. 

I am happy to say that Oriah Mountain Dreamer has made this even the tiniest bit possible for me. A few months ago, when I was on my mission to silence my mind for a bit and truly relax even for a little bit, I searched and searched for the right way to do this. I searched on Youtube, asked around and finally took a look around to see if I could find any books. It took a while, it was difficulty to find a book that I could truly understand on this topic. Thankfully I came across a quote by this author in one of Oprah's books, I cant for the life of me remember which book , or what this particular quote was. . . clearly I am getting old 😉?.  

Anyway I did some research and found The Call which was written by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, every chapter ended with a meditation that pertained to the topic that had been discussed. I didn't manage to complete the book unfortunately and kind of put meditation on hold. Fast forward a couple of months later a colleague of mine asked me to do a personality quiz, when I finally completed, guess whose name popped up with a quote that best described me. . . yes! you guessed it Oriah Mountain Dreamer. It was  a week later that I found The Invitation. 

It didn't take me long to get through this book which is the problem. There are 11 topics ranging from Joy, Failure, Sorrow to The Longing, each topic ends with a particular meditation that you can partake in. Funnily enough on the day that I recived this book I got through six of the topics and had to find the will power to stop reading. I have told alot of my friends about the interesting nature if this book, honestly just reading on how this author wants her readers to meditate for these different topics are really calming within themselves. 

If you're into something a little different this would be the book for you... plus Oprah used one of her quotes sooooo I don't know I'm just saying. . . I mean its Oprah people😃!!!!


Favorite Quotes
" It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for, and if you
dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
for love,
for your dreams,
for the adventure of being alive."

*****

Happy Reading Bibliophiles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

James Patterson- Middle School The Worst Days Of My Life

A good day to you Bibliophiles! today I did something a little different as you can see! I have wondered about my sisters obsession with James Patterson's 'Middle School' books and today I finally got it. We watched Middle School:The Worst Years Of My Life based on one of James Patterson's books, I have to say I thought I would hate it but turns out in a couple of hours I would be blogging about it!  So basically this particular book and movie is about a character named Rafe who has been expelled from two schools, his last option is a middle school that has too many rules that he cant understand or come to terms with. According to my sister and according to the movie he constantly communicates with a guy called Leo. It is Leo's character that caught my attention , at first Leo looks like that friend that's always by your side, helps you make plans and keeps your head in the game. While watching the movie my sister kept complaining about how different ev

Novels in Verse hmmm? "We Come Apart"-Brian Conaghan and Sarah Crossan

Hello fellow book lovers!  So this week I came across my first Novel In Verse! Titled: "We Come Apart" Written by Brian Conaghan and Sarah Crossan . I wont lie to you,  for the mere fact that it was the first time that I had ever read a novel with this structure,  it took me a day or two to get into the book. However, I quickly fell in-love with the characters, the story and the structure. The book is split into three parts and as mentioned the structure is in verse.  We come apart has two main characters, Nicu who has emigrated from Romania, and is awaiting to be married without his consent. The second main character is Jess who comes from a home plagued with domestic violence, her mother is dating a man named Terry who is abusive in many different ways, and he often goes to the extent of making Jess film the abuse. Jess and Nicu have their daily struggles which bring them together and which also stand to separate them.  What I loved about most

First post cant be less than "Everything Everything"

Everything Everthing -Nicola Yoon   “Sometimes I reread my favorite books from back to front. I start with the last chapter and read backward until I get to the beginning. When you read this way, characters go from hope to despair, from self-knowledge to doubt. In love stories, couples start out as lovers and end as strangers. Coming-of-age books become stories of losing your way. Your favorite characters come back to life.” ― Nicola Yoon , Everything, Everything This amazing book was referred to me by a friend and colleague,  and I must add that I did not need much convincing after watching a snippet of the trailer of the movie that cannot come soon enough. this book only took me a day to read because of its structure, its super reader friendly and really grabs your heart and doesn't let you go.  Without giving any of the goodness away, this young adult fiction novel looks at the life of Madeline "Maddy" Whittier who suffers from a