Skip to main content

The Power Of Praying Through Fear-Stormie Omartian

Image taken and edited by Noluthando
*Exhale*  
Where do I begin?
Have you ever been crippled by fear? Have fears or anxiety of any kind hindered you from living your life?   

I can tell you that my answer is yes. The funny thing about suffering from fears or anxiety is the opinions that everyone has on how to cure it. Some suggest exposure therapy and my favorite 'just getting over it'. I can tell you  bibliophiles that none of the above assisted me in anyway shape or form. I guess the most important thing is time, I can only speak for myself but I would definitely put time right up there with my coping methods. After all the time I gave myself. . . a year and a half to be exact I came across this book The Power of a Praying through Fear  by Stormie Omartian.

I am not really into self help books, I struggled quite a bit to get hooked on the few that I've read, but somehow I am hooked on this one. It is written by a bestselling christian author who is known for the 'Power of Praying Series'. Not sure which chapter or which verse really gave me the will to tackle my fears and take back what is mine, but it definitely gave me the right nudge. 

So this book has worked wonders for me with beautiful reminders of how to work through your fears and have a sound mind. 

Hope it helps you like its helped me. 

Favorite quotes
God not given us a spirit of fear,
but of power and of love 
and of a sound mind. 
2 Timothy 1v7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom♡

Happy New Year!!! Good day Bibliophiles I promised you this review so here it is. . . I have a new favorite book of all time. This book is more than just a fictional title, this book made me stop and think of all of the interactions I have had with people that I have come into contact with.  The Five People You Meet in Heaven follows the story of an elderly mans life and death. This man goes by the name " Eddie ", often called Eddie Maintenance because of his name tag. Eddie dies while trying to save a little girl at his place of work, and thus starts a journey through Heaven. In his heaven, he meets five people, some strangers, some people he knows very well. These five people teach him lessons and  help him understand the impact he may have had in their lives, and the impact they had on his.  What did we love about it? Mitch Albom is a great writer! I got through this book in three days and this is because I really needed to know who Eddie was go...

Letters to the Lost-Brigid Kemmerer

Good Morning Bibliophiles!!! I found it! I loved it! I read it in two days! Bibliophiles this is an amazing book, it gave me a good share of good "feels". There are many themes that are focused on in this book, these themes include grief, the death of a parent, and the repercussions of  alcoholism.  This book introduces you to Declan Murphy a high school student serving community service, and Juliet Young a high school student who has recently lost her mother and finds comfort in writing her mother letters and leaving them at her gravestone. Declan and Juliet cross paths at a cemetery both for different reasons, but these different reasons are what bring these two characters together.  What did we love about it? Can I say that Bridig Kemmerer has been officially been added to my list of favorite authors. . .  its a very short list. I love this authors writing, its very seldom that I will read books from the same author, but after reading both these...

Pancakes and Books

I think you may have guessed that I have a thing for pancakes. . . well you're right , when I am not thinking about books, I am definitely thinking about the soft delicate cloud of goodness that encompasses pancakes. "Mugg & bean" is definitely right up there on my list of choices as the best place to take your book out for a date while treating yourself to a bottomless Hot chocolate  and pancakes of course!