Skip to main content

Thrills! "Everything You Told Me-Lucy Dawson"

Picture this. . . waking up in a taxi hours away from home in your pajamas. Taxi driver informs you that you have arrived at the location that you requested which just happens to be a suicide hotspot. You feel as though you have been drugged, you have a suicide note in your pocket which has been written in your own handwriting. The trouble is you only remember going to bed the night before. Bibliophiles after reading the first three pages of this book I knew that I had to figure out who was trying to stage Sally Hilman's "Sal" suicide. I continuously questioned myself about Sal's motives for trying to kill herself, if she was really trying to kill herself and most importantly why she could not recall this elaborate plan. If you're looking for thrills I would suggest reading this book, there were many times where I was most certain that I knew the plot; ie why Sal would want to kill herself? who would have the motive to possibly want to kill her? Still the ending surprised me 😰.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom♡

Happy New Year!!! Good day Bibliophiles I promised you this review so here it is. . . I have a new favorite book of all time. This book is more than just a fictional title, this book made me stop and think of all of the interactions I have had with people that I have come into contact with.  The Five People You Meet in Heaven follows the story of an elderly mans life and death. This man goes by the name " Eddie ", often called Eddie Maintenance because of his name tag. Eddie dies while trying to save a little girl at his place of work, and thus starts a journey through Heaven. In his heaven, he meets five people, some strangers, some people he knows very well. These five people teach him lessons and  help him understand the impact he may have had in their lives, and the impact they had on his.  What did we love about it? Mitch Albom is a great writer! I got through this book in three days and this is because I really needed to know who Eddie was go...

Letters to the Lost-Brigid Kemmerer

Good Morning Bibliophiles!!! I found it! I loved it! I read it in two days! Bibliophiles this is an amazing book, it gave me a good share of good "feels". There are many themes that are focused on in this book, these themes include grief, the death of a parent, and the repercussions of  alcoholism.  This book introduces you to Declan Murphy a high school student serving community service, and Juliet Young a high school student who has recently lost her mother and finds comfort in writing her mother letters and leaving them at her gravestone. Declan and Juliet cross paths at a cemetery both for different reasons, but these different reasons are what bring these two characters together.  What did we love about it? Can I say that Bridig Kemmerer has been officially been added to my list of favorite authors. . .  its a very short list. I love this authors writing, its very seldom that I will read books from the same author, but after reading both these...

Pancakes and Books

I think you may have guessed that I have a thing for pancakes. . . well you're right , when I am not thinking about books, I am definitely thinking about the soft delicate cloud of goodness that encompasses pancakes. "Mugg & bean" is definitely right up there on my list of choices as the best place to take your book out for a date while treating yourself to a bottomless Hot chocolate  and pancakes of course!